2 x 4h lessons + 90min of Q&A = 9,5 hours in total
In this class Maria will show and explain her approach for painting leaves in the water. You will discover how the combination of different watercolor techniques and the use of contrasts may create volume, reflections and sense of water transparency.
The intensive course is split into three sequences to progressively lead you from brushwork basics and tonal sketches to creating a complex picture implementing different techniques.
On the weekend there will be two painting sessions with theory, exercises and a step-by-step painting demonstration. You’ll also have time to paint your own pictures and to ask questions during each session.
One week after you’ll have a chance to participate in a Q&A session, where the artist will give feedback to studen’s work and will answer questions related to the technique.
All the participants will also get a PDF Guide with the key information.
This is a recording of a LIVE-COURSE.
Maria will use these supplies for the class. You can replace them with materials of your favorite brands.
Arches: 100% cotton paper, cold pressed, 300 gsm (you can take any other paper with the same characteristics), 38x28 cm + paper for exercises and color tests
- Naples yellow, Sennelier 567
- Aureolin, Sennelier 559
- French vermilion, Sennelier 675
- Rose madder lake, Sennelier 690
- Indanthrene blue, Sennelier 395
- Neutral Tint, Sennelier 931
- French Ultramarine, Sennelier 314
- Payne’s Grey, Sennelier
- Royal Blue, Sennelier 322
- Goat flat brush 3-4 cm or any wide flat natural brush for moistening the paper
- Round squirrel / squirrel mix / squirrel imitation brushes (6-10 mm fits well)
- Small (about 3-6 mm ) round synthetic brush for details (mixed / imitation / natural will do this job as well)
- Plastic waterproof board ( !!! Important)
- Cup of water
- Paper towels
- Masking tape